Workplace Pregnancy Discrimination Labor & Employment Lawyers
If You Believe You May Be A Victim Of Workplace pregnancy Discrimination, our Law Firm Can Help. El-Hag & Associates Represent Employees Who Have Been Discriminated Against in the Workplace Because They Are Pregnant
Find Out If You Have a Case.
Fill Out the Form Below.
If you believe you have been victim of Pregnancy discrimination at work, contact our experienced labor and employment workplace pregnancy the discrimination lawyers to discuss your case.
Speak out if you experience workplace pregnancy discrimination. If you know someone who has experienced workplace pregnancy discrimination, speak out on their behalf and encourage them to seek legal recourse
Our Lawyers Could Help You File Complaints With the Appropriate Federal, State,andLocal Agencies and the Courts Should Legal Action Be Required and help to legally protect you from any retaliation by your employer .
“El-Hag helped me recover $100,000 in unpaid overtime because the time spent traveling was not paid”
WHY CHOOSE US TO HANDLE YOUR LAWSUIT?
NY Labor & Employment Lawyers
- We Only Represent Employees, Workers And Freelancers, We Do Not Represent Businesses
- We Will Fight To Get You The Justice You Deserve
- Get A Free Confidential Consultation
- No Upfront Fees Or Retainers – We Get Paid Only If You Get Paid
- 8 In 10 Clients Recover Tens Of Thousands And 2 In 10 Can Recover Life Changing Amounts.
PREGNANCY DISCRIMINATION IN THE WORKPLACE LAWYER NY
We’ve helped employees just like you recover millions in damages. I can help you too!
Do you think that you might have been a victim of Pregnancy discrimination? The labor and employment law firm of El-Hag & Associates, P.C can help you. Our Westchester New York pregnancy discrimination law firm specializes in workplace pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions discrimination. We have recovered millions of dollars for victims of pregnancy workplace discrimination. We have brought pregnancy and other types of gender discrimination lawsuits, such as gender discrimination and sexual orientation and gender identity, against small businesses and major multinational corporations and have achieved excellent results for our clients.
While there are laws that are passed to secure safety and security for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions in the workplace there is still a long way to go before pregnant women can feel completely safe and secure at work. One of the main reasons why pregnant employees experience such rampant discrimination is because many employers believe that pregnancy is a lifestyle choice that is incompatible with work or organizational values and goals. Often employees are forced to keep their pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions a secret to maintain their jobs.
When you’re pregnant, in childbirth, or with related medical conditions, you may feel like your employer is trying to get rid of you and you may not know what to do about it. Despite the prevalence of workplace pregnancy discrimination, there are several things that employees can do to protect themselves from such abuse. First and foremost, employees should ensure that they are up to date on their pregnancy and workplace rights.
If you think you might be a victim of workplace pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions discrimination, please call us today for a free consultation. We can quickly assess your case and let you know the options available to you. In most cases, it is very difficult to prove pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions discrimination because there is no “smoking gun”, so it is best to schedule a consultation with our employment and labor law firm and go through the facts and develop a plan.
WHAT IS WORKPLACE PREGNANCY DISCRIMINATION
If you believe you have been the victim of Pregnancy discrimination at work, contact our experienced labor and employment workplace discrimination attorney to discuss your case. Our lawyers can help you determine whether you have a valid claim and what steps to take to protect your rights. Pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions discrimination can be extremely damaging to someone’s career and mental health, and it is unfortunately very common in the workplace.
You must speak up if you believe you have been the victim of pregnancy discrimination in the workplace. Laws in place protect workers from pregnancy discrimination, and you may be able to file a claim against your employer. Our experienced labor and employment law firm can help you understand your rights and options.
Examples Of Workplace Pregnancy, Childbirth, Or Related Medical Conditions Discrimination In New York
There are many examples of workplace pregnancy discrimination in New York. One typical example is when, for example, employees that are not pregnant get paid more for the same job. Women subjected to pregnancy discrimination often experience a more significant wage gap. In other pregnancy discrimination cases, it may take the form of sexual harassment and a hostile work environment, that is created by comments or conduct that is directed at employees based on their pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
Examples Of Pregnancy Discrimination In The Workplace
- Pay disparities based upon pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions
- Promotions and job opportunities that are not equally available and based on an employee’s pregnancy
- Failing to provide equal access to development and training opportunities to pregnant employees
- Harassment such as intimidating comments, gestures, and jokes harassing or intimidating the employee based upon her being pregnant
- Denial of promotions because the employee is pregnant while employees with less experience and not pregnant are promoted for pregnancy discriminated reasons
- Employer gives benefits to some employees’ families while not providing benefits to pregnant employees’ families because of pregnancy discrimination
- Denying a promotion or hiring of an employee because of Pregnancy
- Getting Paid less salary than employees who are not getting paid less salary than employees who are not pregnant and had no pregnancy-related issues than nonpregnant employees doing equivalent work doing equivalent work
- If in the course of a job interview you are asked about your pregnancy or intentions to start a family
- Denial of working hours modification request to pregnant employees to go to a doctor’s appointment, while other employees are granted such requests
What Is Not Pregnancy Discrimination or Harassment
At El-Hag & Associates, P.C we receive calls every day from people who believe that they have been discriminated against because they feel that they lost their job for unfair reasons, or because the workplace is not fair. This is not pregnancy discrimination by itself. To learn if the treatment on your job is due to fairness in the workplace contact the employment and labor law firm of El-Hag & Associates.
It is not harassment when people in the workplace make petty slights, are generally annoying, or make isolated discriminatory or derogatory remarks (unless extremely serious) about your pregnancy. To be unlawful, the conduct must create a work environment that would be intimidating, hostile, or offensive to reasonable people.
Pregnancy Discrimination. Pregnancy Discrimination must occur because of your being part of a protected class. For example, an employer can decide that he will fire any person if they come 1 minute late to work, even if it happened only 1 time. But it would be discriminatory if the employer said that he is only going to apply that policy to employees that are pregnant, in child birth, or related medical issue.
How Do You Win An Workplace Pregnancy Discrimination Lawsuit?
There are several factors that you must prove to win an employment pregnancy discrimination lawsuit. If you can answer yes to the following questions, you may have been a victim of employment discrimination:
1) Do you work at a company with 4 or more employees?
The New York State Human Rights Law only protects employees who work for an employer with 4 or more employees. Federal Law requires that the employer employ more than 15 employees. So, the first thing to check is if you are protected by the law.
2) Did something bad happen to you at work?
- Being fired
- Being laid off
- Not receiving a raise
- Being demoted
- Being passed over for a promotion
- Being harassed at work
3) Are you a member of a protected class?
To prove employment discrimination, you must show that you are a member of a “protected class”, for example, you are pregnant and it doesn’t affect job performance
4) Were you qualified to perform the job at issue?
You must be able to demonstrate that you had the right skill set to perform the job at issue despite your disability.
- An example of being unqualified- is if you apply for a job as a lawyer, but you don’t have a law degree, you won’t be able to say that you were discriminated against if a law firm did not hire you.
- An example of being qualified and passed over in a discriminatory situation would be if you had the same or greater abilities than others who applied for a job position. Both you and the person that is not part of a protected class which includes pregnancy had equal experience working in the position you were applying for. If the other individual was hired, but you were not, the company will have to be able to provide a legitimate reason that you, as a qualified individual were passed over for the job.
5) Does it seem likely that pregnancy discrimination occurred because you are a member of a protected class?
This means that there is some evidence that shows that something bad happened to you at work BECAUSE of your gender identification or sexual orientation. There must be a believable cause-and-effect relationship between your sexual orientation projective identification and the negative job action. For example:
- You were fired BECAUSE of your PREGNANCY
- You didn’t get a raise BECAUSE of your PREGNANCY
- You were fired BECAUSE of your PREGNANCY
6) Is your employer’s reason for taking the adverse action a lie (“Pretext”)?
Your employer can take any negative action in the workplace as long as there is a legitimate reason for it, and it is not retaliatory. In almost 100% of pregnancy discrimination cases, your boss is going to have an excuse that explains why you were treated badly. It is your responsibility to demonstrate that your boss’s excuse is false and that the real reason is pregnancy discrimination. For example, if you are pregnant and your employer fired you because you performed your job poorly or had a bad attitude, your boss can terminate you. But if employees who are not pregnant act the same way and perform the job the same way as you, then your employer’s excuse that you performed poorly is most likely a lie.
recovered $160,000 in severance pay and left work on his own terms.
recovered $60,000 when her employer denied her leave for her disabled child (3 years pay)!
recovered $50,000 for losing his job after his boss made racists comments!
recovered $25,000 in unpaid overtime because her boss incorrectly treated her as not entitled to overtime under the law as a salaried office worker.
recovered $45,000 as a deli worker because he worked more than 40 hours a week without overtime pay. The boss paid him off the books without paying him any overtime and we recovered an extra $10,000 in penalties.
How We Help You Get the Compensation That You Deserve For Your Workplace Pregnancy Discrimination Case In Just 4-9 Months
Settlement or Lawsuit
Let our Workplace Pregnancy Discrimination Law Firm Fight for You
Don’t Let Your Employer Intimidate You From Being Compensated For The Pregnancy Discrimination in the Workplace That You Were Subjected To By Threatening Or Scaring You Into Inaction
- You can sue any company you worked for in the past three years. It does not have to be a company at which you are currently working.
- Attorney-Client Privilege- We CANNOT tell anyone about your case unless you ask us to. Your call is 100% confidential and protected by the attorney-client privilege.
- The law protects you. The law prevents retaliation. You can collect unpaid wages and benefits, and penalties, demand your job back, and even demand front pay (money to cover you for the time it would take to find new work.
- Attack only when you’re comfortable. We only move forward when you are ready. There is no pressure to start. You can have your pregnancy discrimination evaluation, come up with a strategy, collect evidence, and begin when you are ready.
Why clients prefer El-Hag Law
Millions in unpaid wages on behalf of individual clients
Although we have litigated class action lawsuits, nothing makes us happier than handing an individual a check for tens of thousands of dollars. It’s a life-changing experience for most of our clients. That is why we focus on helping the most underserved people and take on the most challenging to win cases. We know how to win these cases and are not afraid to fight on our clients' behalf.
Experience representing employees on an individual or class action basis
Did you know that you could end up receiving less as being part of a class-action lawsuit instead of litigating your case individually? We have handled numerous cases where there are multiple clients, and we know when it would benefit our clients to be part of a class action or not. Generally, class actions benefit the lawyers more than the clients, and we will never put our interest before yours. We always keep our current clients' interests at the forefront of our decisions. Because we have experience handling class action lawsuits and individual lawsuits, we can help you make the right decision for your case.
Will take your case to trial if necessary
The truth is that most lawsuits settle. Many attorneys have no experience going to trial. However, we will. And because we will bring it to trial, we can get better settlements for our clients because other firms know we will go the distance.
Your case is handled by the same person from start to finish
How would you like it if the person who handles your trial is not the person who had all the experience of putting your case together from the beginning? Some law firms will have different people working on different parts of the case to make the firm more efficient. However, in the process, things can fall through the cracks. Not with us. One person handles your case from start to finish, so the representative is personally familiar with all people and facts.
There is an art to winning a lawsuit. How can a person know how a witness will behave at trial if they had no interaction with the witness before the trial date? It's impossible to be effective. These are the kinds of things most people do not know to ask when they are evaluating lawyers. But because we need to win your case to get paid, we make sure that your case does not fall through the cracks.
We care about you and your case
We don't nickel and dime clients for 1-minute phone calls. We put in the time to build relationships and educate our clients. We know this is a scary process for most people. Every client who has walked through our door has never been in a lawsuit before. We want to make sure you are comfortable and educated on what is going on with your case. We provide you with the right information to make educated decisions about your case. It takes time to build strong relationships, and we are happy to put in the time for you.
Get Your Free Consultation
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us using the form below