Racial & Ethnic Discrimination Labor & Employment Lawyers
If You Believe You May Be A Victim Of Racial & Ethnic Discrimination In The Workplace, Our Law Firm Can Help. El-Hag & Associates Represent Employees Who Have Been Discriminated Against in the Workplace Because Of Their Race or Ethnicity.
Find Out If You Have a Case.
Fill Out the Form Below.
If you believe you have been a victim of Workplace Racial or Ethnic Discrimination, contact our law firm to gather evidence and come up with a plan to hold your employer accountable.
Speak out if you experience workplace racial discrimination. If you know someone who has experienced workplace racial discrimination speak out on their behalf and encourage them to seek legal recourse.
Our Lawyers Could Help You File Complaints With The New York Human Rights Commission an agency that enforces laws and policies to protect the rights of all ethnic workers with the Courts if required.
“El-Hag helped me recover $100,000 in unpaid overtime because the time spent traveling was not paid”
WHY CHOOSE US TO HANDLE YOUR LAWSUIT?
NY Labor & Employment Lawyers
- We Only Represent Employees, Workers And Freelancers, We Do Not Represent Businesses
- We Will Fight To Get You The Justice You Deserve
- Get A Free Confidential Consultation
- No Upfront Fees Or Retainers – We Get Paid Only If You Get Paid
- 8 In 10 Clients Recover Tens Of Thousands And 2 In 10 Can Recover Life Changing Amounts.
RACIAL AND ETHNIC OR COUNTRY OF NATURAL ORIGIN DISCRIMINATION IN THE WORKPLACE LAWYER NY
We’ve helped employees just like you recover millions in damages. We can help you too!
Do you think you might be a victim of racial, ethnic, or country of natural origin discrimination? Ethnicity is your cultural identity, chosen or learned from your culture and family. While similar, race is biological, describing physical traits inherited from your parents. The labor and employment law firm of El-Hag & Associates, PC, can help you. Our Westchester, New York, discrimination law firm specializes in workplace Race & Ethnic Discrimination matters. We have recovered millions of dollars for victims of workplace discrimination. We have brought race discrimination & ethnic discrimination lawsuits against small businesses and major multinational corporations and have achieved excellent results for our clients.
Racial and ethnic or country of natural origin discrimination can happen to people of any Race. Suppose you have been mistreated at work because of your race or ethnicity. In that case, you may have a claim for Race Discrimination or Ethnic Discrimination. The labor and employment lawyers at El-Hag can help you determine whether you have a valid claim and fight for the compensation you deserve.
When you’re a victim of race discrimination, Ethnic Discrimination, or country of natural origin discrimination, you may feel like your employer is trying to get rid of you. You may not know what to do about it. Despite the prevalence of workplace race discrimination & ethnic discrimination, there are several things that employees can do to protect themselves from such abuse. First and foremost, employees should ensure that they are updated on their workplace rights regarding racial and ethnic discrimination.
If you think you might be a victim of workplace Race or Ethnic Discrimination, please call us today for a free consultation. We can quickly assess your case and let you know the options available. It is challenging to prove race or ethnic discrimination because there is no “smoking gun,” so it is best to consult with our employment and labor law firm to review the facts and develop a plan.
WHAT IS WORKPLACE RACE OR ETHNICITY DISCRIMINATION
If you believe you have been the victim of race or ethnic discrimination at work, contact our experienced labor and employment workplace race and ethnic discrimination lawyers to discuss your case. We can help you determine whether you have a valid claim and what steps to take to protect your rights. Ethnic and racial discrimination can be extremely damaging to someone’s career and mental health; unfortunately very common in the workplace.
You must speak up if you believe you have been the victim of racial or ethnic discrimination in the workplace. Laws in place protect workers from racial and ethnic discrimination, and you may be able to file a claim against your employer. Our experienced labor and employment law firm can help you understand your rights and options.
Examples Of Age Discrimination In New York
There are many examples of workplace ethnic and racial discrimination in New York. One typical example is when black or Hispanic employees are denied the promotions and opportunities and benefits that white employees are offered. Workers subject to racial or ethnic discrimination sometimes experience a more significant wage gap through inferior assignments and less opportunity than their coworkers. In other racial and ethnic discrimination cases, it may take the form of harassment and a hostile work environment, that is created by comments or conduct that is directed at employees based on their race or ethnicity.
Examples Of RACE OR ETHNICITY Discrimination In The Workplace
- Pay disparities between racial and ethnic employees given the same job skill levels between older and younger workers
- Promotions and job opportunities that are not equally available and based on an employee’s ethnicity, race, or country of natural origin
- Failing to provide equal access to development and training opportunities to employees based upon their race, ethnicity, or country of natural origin
- Harassment such as intimidating comments, gestures, and jokes harassing or intimidating the employee based upon their ethnicity, race, or country of natural origin
- Denial of promotions because of the employee’s race, ethnicity, or country of natural origin, while employees not of the same race, ethnicity, or country of natural origin with less experience are promoted
- Employer gives benefits to some employees’ families while not providing benefits to other employees’ families because of their race, ethnic ethnicity, or country of natural origin
- Getting paid less salary than employees who are not in the protected racial, ethnic, or country of natural origin group employees doing equivalent work doing equivalent work
- Getting Paid less salary than employees who are older or younger despite working in the same position and handling the same job responsibilities
- If, in the course of a job interview you are asked about your race, ethnicity, or country of natural origin
- Denial of working hours modification request to employees to go to a doctor’s appointment, based upon their race, ethnicity, or country of natural origin, while employees not of their race, ethnicity, or country of natural origin, are granted such requests
What Is Not Racial, Ethnic, or Country of Natural Origin Discrimination Or Harassment
At El-Hag & Associates, P.C we receive calls every day from people who believe that they have been discriminated against because they feel that they lost their job for unfair reasons, or because the workplace is not fair. This is not age discrimination by itself. To learn if the treatment on your job is due to fairness in the workplace contact the employment and labor law firm of El-Hag & Associates.
It is not harassment when people in the workplace make petty slights, are generally annoying, or make isolated discriminatory or derogatory remarks (unless extremely serious) about your race, ethnicity, or country of natural origin. To be unlawful, the conduct must create a work environment that would be intimidating, hostile, or offensive to reasonable people.
Race, Ethnic and Country of Natural Origin Discrimination. Ethnic, racial, and country of natural origin discrimination must occur because you are part of a protected class, such as being of a certain ethnic, racial, and country of natural origin workplace. For example, an employer can decide that he will fire any person if they come 1 minute late to work, even if it happened only 1 time. But it would be discriminatory if the employer said that he is only going to apply that policy to employees that are Italian.
How Do You Win A racial, ethnic, or country of natural origin workplace discrimination Lawsuit?
There are several factors that you must prove to win an racial, ethnic, or country of natural origin employment discrimination lawsuit. If you can answer yes to the following questions, you may have been a victim of employment discrimination:
1) Do you work at a company with 4 or more employees?
The New York State Human Rights Law only protects employees who work for an employer with 4 or more employees. Federal Law requires that the employer employ more than 15 employees. So, the first thing to check is if you are protected by the law.
2) Did something bad happen to you at work?
- Being fired
- Being laid off
- Not receiving a raise
- Being demoted
- Being passed over for a promotion
- Being harassed at work
3) Are you a member of a protected class?
To prove employment discrimination, you must show that you are a member of a “protected class”, for example, you are a member of a racial or ethnic group that doesn’t affect job performance
4) Were you qualified to perform the job at issue?
You must be able to demonstrate that you had the right skill set to perform the job at issue despite your race, ethnicity, or country of natural origin.
- An example of being unqualified- is if you apply for a job as a lawyer, but you don’t have a law degree, you won’t be able to say that you were discriminated against if a law firm did not hire you.
- An example of being qualified and passed over in a discriminatory situation would be if you had the same or greater abilities than others who applied for a job position. Both you and the person that is not part of a protected class which includes being singled out because of an employee’s race, ethnicity, or country of natural origin have equal experience working in the position you were applying for. If the other individual was hired, but you were not, the company will have to be able to provide a legitimate reason that you, as a qualified individual were passed over for the job.
5) Does it seem likely that the racial, ethnic, or country of natural origin discrimination occurred because you are a member of a protected class?
This means that there is some evidence that shows that something bad happened to you at work BECAUSE of your age. There must be a believable cause-and-effect relationship between your age and the negative job action. For example:
- You were fired BECAUSE of your RACE, ETHNICITY, OR COUNTRY OF NATURAL ORIGIN
- You didn’t get a raise BECAUSE of your RACE, ETHNICITY, OR COUNTRY OF NATURAL ORIGN
6) Is your employer’s reason for taking the adverse action a lie (“Pretext”)?
Your employer can take any negative action in the workplace as long as there is a legitimate reason for it, and it is not retaliatory. In almost 100% of age discrimination cases, your boss is going to have an excuse that explains why you were treated badly. Your responsibility is to demonstrate that your boss’s excuse is false and that the real reason is age discrimination. For example, if you are over 40 years of age and your employer fired you because you performed your job poorly or had a bad attitude, your boss can terminate you. But if employees who are not over 40 years of age act the same way and perform the job the same way as you, then your employer’s excuse that you performed poorly is most likely a lie.
recovered $160,000 in severance pay and left work on his own terms.
recovered $60,000 when her employer denied her leave for her disabled child (3 years pay)!
recovered $50,000 for losing his job after his boss made racists comments!
recovered $25,000 in unpaid overtime because her boss incorrectly treated her as not entitled to overtime under the law as a salaried office worker.
recovered $45,000 as a deli worker because he worked more than 40 hours a week without overtime pay. The boss paid him off the books without paying him any overtime and we recovered an extra $10,000 in penalties.
How We Help You Get the Compensation That You Deserve For Your Workplace Pregnancy Discrimination Case In Just 4-9 Months
Settlement or Lawsuit
Let Our Law Firm Fight For You
Don’t Let Your Employer Intimidate You From Being Compensated For The Racial Discrimination in the Workplace That You Were Subjected To By Threatening Or Scaring You Into Inaction
- You can sue any company you worked for in the past three years. It does not have to be a company at which you are currently working.
- Attorney-Client Privilege- We CANNOT tell anyone about your case unless you ask us to. Your call is 100% confidential and protected by the attorney-client privilege.
- The law protects you. The law prevents retaliation. You can collect unpaid wages and benefits, and penalties, demand your job back, and even demand front pay (money to cover you for the time it would take to find new work.
- Attack only when you’re comfortable. We only move forward when you are ready. There is no pressure to start. You can have your pregnancy discrimination evaluation, come up with a strategy, collect evidence, and begin when you are ready.
Why clients prefer El-Hag Law
Millions in unpaid wages on behalf of individual clients
Although we have litigated class action lawsuits, nothing makes us happier than handing an individual a check for tens of thousands of dollars. It’s a life-changing experience for most of our clients. That is why we focus on helping the most underserved people and take on the most challenging to win cases. We know how to win these cases and are not afraid to fight on our clients' behalf.
Experience representing employees on an individual or class action basis
Did you know that you could end up receiving less as being part of a class-action lawsuit instead of litigating your case individually? We have handled numerous cases where there are multiple clients, and we know when it would benefit our clients to be part of a class action or not. Generally, class actions benefit the lawyers more than the clients, and we will never put our interest before yours. We always keep our current clients' interests at the forefront of our decisions. Because we have experience handling class action lawsuits and individual lawsuits, we can help you make the right decision for your case.
Will take your case to trial if necessary
The truth is that most lawsuits settle. Many attorneys have no experience going to trial. However, we will. And because we will bring it to trial, we can get better settlements for our clients because other firms know we will go the distance.
Your case is handled by the same person from start to finish
How would you like it if the person who handles your trial is not the person who had all the experience of putting your case together from the beginning? Some law firms will have different people working on different parts of the case to make the firm more efficient. However, in the process, things can fall through the cracks. Not with us. One person handles your case from start to finish, so the representative is personally familiar with all people and facts.
There is an art to winning a lawsuit. How can a person know how a witness will behave at trial if they had no interaction with the witness before the trial date? It's impossible to be effective. These are the kinds of things most people do not know to ask when they are evaluating lawyers. But because we need to win your case to get paid, we make sure that your case does not fall through the cracks.
We care about you and your case
We don't nickel and dime clients for 1-minute phone calls. We put in the time to build relationships and educate our clients. We know this is a scary process for most people. Every client who has walked through our door has never been in a lawsuit before. We want to make sure you are comfortable and educated on what is going on with your case. We provide you with the right information to make educated decisions about your case. It takes time to build strong relationships, and we are happy to put in the time for you.
Get Your Free Consultation
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us using the form below