Executive Employment Contract Negotiation
Employers are increasingly offering their employees benefits through health insurance, retirement plans, stock options, and other types of compensation. A well-crafted employment contract will help protect your worker’s rights and ensure you are compensated fairly for your work. Our experienced employment contract negotiation lawyers can ensure you know your rights and obligations under the contract and offer guidance and compensation.
When negotiating an employment contract, be sure to have the help of a lawyer. An experienced lawyer can help you negotiate a fair deal, protect your rights, and avoid costly mistakes.
Job Contract Negotiations
We will advise you of your rights when it comes to salary and benefits. Make sure you are being offered what you are worth, and know what you are to receive in terms of salary, bonus, vacation time, and other benefits.
Executive Pay Negotiations
Many executives are now hiring negotiation lawyers to help them negotiate their pay and benefits packages. The salary, bonus, and perks you receive can impact your retirement savings and other financial commitments. Consult with our negotiation lawyers today.
“El-Hag helped me recover $100,000 in unpaid overtime because the time spent traveling was not paid”
WHY CHOOSE US
Executive employment Contract Negotiation Labor & Employment Lawyers
- We only represent employees and workers. We do not represent businesses.
- Our NY Employment Contract Negotiation Law Firm Will Fight To Get the Compensation You Deserve.
- Get A Free Confidential Consultation
- Flexible fees four employment contract negotiations
- Be prepared to discuss salary, benefits, overtime, and other compensation structures with your prospective employer.
Employment Contract Negotiation Lawyers
We’ve helped employees just like you recover millions in damages. We can help you too!
The attorneys at Jordan El-Hag & Associates, P. C. work to help employees of all backgrounds with legal issues related to labor and employment law, including litigation related to executive pay and more.
Upper management is the most powerful branch of an organization and is responsible for leading lower-level employees to success and guiding the company. Upper management is responsible for making sensible decisions for the company/organization, considering both short-term progress and long-term goals. Executives who hold these critical, high-impact roles are paid with generous packages. These executive compensation packages include a mix of pay and benefits that compensate for their hard work, skills, vision, and leadership.
However, in the past, employees at high levels of a company received more pay than others. However, shareholders scrutinize financial and non-monetary pay packages. They may not be willing to give the same executives the right to these former packages.
Some of the items that often make up executive compensation include:
- Deferred Compensation
- Stock and Equity
- Retirement benefits
Most executives are compensated with a baseline salary and an array of short- and long-term bonuses. Companies pay them accordingly for the demands of an upper management position. Bonuses can make up a significant part of some executives’ compensation packages. These bonuses may include:
Signing bonuses are a bonus that is guaranteed to an executive when they have signed their job offer.
Bonuses: Guaranteed: An executive is contractually entitled to receive additional compensation if the company meets its goal.
A discretionary Bonus is a bonus awarded when the executive meets specific job performance metrics and goals.
Retention bonuses are a form of compensation often presented to employees before large company transitions, such as when the company is undergoing a merger or acquisition.
The NY Law Firm of El-Hag & Associates, P.C., offers experienced legal representation for executives with compensation issues and those executives who have been wrongfully terminated from their job.
A severance package guarantees executives a gentle landing when they leave a company. These packages are often referred to as gold parachutes because they make these agreements less risky for executives.
These agreements can fluctuate in many ways, one of which would be a severance package. An unsatisfactory severance agreement or issues with a new company’s policies might give you legal recourse for a faulty termination.
Expertise in Employee Stock and Equity Compensation
- Stock packages often constitute a significant component of executive compensation.
- Restricted shares are often awarded to executives as part of their compensation package. They are forfeited if you leave the company before they’ve vested.
- Performance stocks are shares awarded to executives who meet or exceed specific performance goals.
- Stock Options provide company shares at a price set during a period. The value generally increases as organizational performance improves.
- When employees sign equity compensation agreements, it is essential to be clear on the terms of the employment agreement. Equity can make up a large portion of their total compensation. Knowing that in advance will help determine how much they should be paid.
- Executive perks are given to executives who, through their work, have special privileges that others do not. These include the ability to work from home or flexible hours to receive a company vehicle, parking near work, and flying in a private airplane.
- New regulations make it essential to be transparent about the perks which are a part of an executive’s compensation package.
recovered $160,000 in severance pay and left work on his own terms.
recovered $60,000 when her employer denied her leave for her disabled child (3 years pay)!
recovered $50,000 for losing his job after his boss made racists comments!
recovered $25,000 in unpaid overtime because her boss incorrectly treated her as not entitled to overtime under the law as a salaried office worker.
recovered $45,000 as a deli worker because he worked more than 40 hours a week without overtime pay. The boss paid him off the books without paying him any overtime and we recovered an extra $10,000 in penalties.
How we help you recover your
unpaid wages in just 4-9 months
Don’t let your employer violate your FLSA rights and keep your hard earned minimum wage, overtime and other compensation by threatening or scaring you into inaction. Let our Overtime Pay & Wage Theft Law Firm Fight for You
- You can sue any company you worked for in the past three years. It does not have to be a company at which you are currently working.
- The law protects you. The law prevents retaliation. You can collect unpaid wages and benefits, and penalties, demand your job back, and even demand front pay (money to cover you for the time it would take to find new work.
- Attorney-Client Privilege- We CANNOT tell anyone about your case unless you ask us to. Your call is 100% confidential and protected by the attorney-client privilege.
- Attack only when you’re comfortable. We only move forward when you are ready. There is no pressure to start. You can have your FMLA evaluation, develop a strategy, collect evidence, and begin when you are ready.
Why clients prefer El-Hag Law
Millions in unpaid wages on behalf of individual clients
Although we have litigated class action lawsuits, nothing makes us happier than handing an individual a check for tens of thousands of dollars. It’s a life-changing experience for most of our clients. That is why we focus on helping the most underserved people and take on the most challenging to win cases. We know how to win these cases and are not afraid to fight on our clients' behalf.
Experience representing employees on an individual or class action basis
Did you know that you could end up receiving less as being part of a class-action lawsuit instead of litigating your case individually? We have handled numerous cases where there are multiple clients, and we know when it would benefit our clients to be part of a class action or not. Generally, class actions benefit the lawyers more than the clients, and we will never put our interest before yours. We always keep our current clients' interests at the forefront of our decisions. Because we have experience handling class action lawsuits and individual lawsuits, we can help you make the right decision for your case.
Will take your case to trial if necessary
The truth is that most lawsuits settle. Many attorneys have no experience going to trial. However, we will. And because we will bring it to trial, we can get better settlements for our clients because other firms know we will go the distance.
Your case is handled by the same person from start to finish
How would you like it if the person who handles your trial is not the person who had all the experience of putting your case together from the beginning? Some law firms will have different people working on different parts of the case to make the firm more efficient. However, in the process, things can fall through the cracks. Not with us. One person handles your case from start to finish, so the representative is personally familiar with all people and facts.
There is an art to winning a lawsuit. How can a person know how a witness will behave at trial if they had no interaction with the witness before the trial date? It's impossible to be effective. These are the kinds of things most people do not know to ask when they are evaluating lawyers. But because we need to win your case to get paid, we make sure that your case does not fall through the cracks.
We care about you and your case
We don't nickel and dime clients for 1-minute phone calls. We put in the time to build relationships and educate our clients. We know this is a scary process for most people. Every client who has walked through our door has never been in a lawsuit before. We want to make sure you are comfortable and educated on what is going on with your case. We provide you with the right information to make educated decisions about your case. It takes time to build strong relationships, and we are happy to put in the time for you.
Get Your Free Consultation
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us using the form below